Please click the link below for a printable version of the grant application.
General Art Institute Fund Granting Notes
- Active engagement of students is generally preferred to passive engagement. (Student participation rather than observation)
- Number of students impacted, and cost per student (grant request divided by number of participants) will be given greatest consideration.
- In general, funds are not awarded for transportation, food, or t-shirts.
- New programming will be preferred to underwriting existing programming. We wish to increase student opportunities, rather than solely reinforce existing programs.
- Grant funds should be seen as seed or catalyst money not for underwriting of existing programs or for full program funding.
- In an effort to increase community involvement, the Arts Council wishes to be an underwriter among many rather than a sole underwriter.
- Funds may be awarded only to organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.
Sponsorship of the Arts Grant Information
- Grants reviewed once a year, in the fall. Applications due Nov. 4.
- Grant funds available to Vanderburgh county schools and not-for-profits.
- Intended as partial underwriting for a new or existing (preferably new) programming for PreK-12 students (not full funding).
- Passive Engagement (e.g. making reduced price tickets available to students free of charge) should be coupled with student feedback, supplementary course material, etc.
- Grants evaluated on quality of programming, number of students impacted, and degree of active/passive engagement of students.
- Grants generally limited to $5,000 maximum.
- Limited to projects focused on providing arts related educational opportunities for students PreK-12 in Vanderburgh Co., Indiana
Contact the Arts Council at (812) 422-2111 or [email protected] with any questions.